Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 14/15] KVM: Terminate memslot walks via used_slots

From: Sean Christopherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 12:42:14 -0700

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 12:38:56PM -0700, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 05:53:27PM +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > On 22/10/19 17:52, Sean Christopherson wrote:
> > > 
> > > Anyways, I'm not at all opposed to adding comments, just want to make sure
> > > I'm not forgetting something.  If it's ok with you, I'll comment the code
> > > and/or functions and reply here to refine them without having to respin
> > > the whole series.
> > 
> > Yes, I agree this is better.
> 
> Here's what I ended up with.  I also added kvm_memslot_insert_back() to
> help document the purpose of incrementing used_slots, and renamed
> kvm_shift_memslots_forward()->kvm_memslot_move_backward() and
> kvm_shift_memslots_backward()->kvm_memslot_move_forward() because I was
> having trouble reconciling having the comments focus on the changed
> memslot while the names of the functions reflected what happens to the
> other memslots.

Oh, and I need to respin the series to fix build bugs on MIPS and PPC,
I'll wait to do that until I get a thumbs up on this code.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel