Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] dts: Disable DMA support on the BK4 vf610 device's fsl_lpuart driver

From: Shawn Guo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 16:55:17 +0800

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 11:08:02AM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> This change disables the DMA support (RX/TX) on the NXP's fsl_lpuart
> driver - the PIO mode is used instead. This change is necessary for better
> robustness of BK4's device use cases with many potentially interrupted
> short serial transfers.
> 
> Without it the driver hangs when some distortion happens on UART lines.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Lukasz Majewski <[email-masked]>
> Suggested-by: Robin Murphy <[email-masked]>

Subject prefix should be 'ARM: dts: ...'.  I fixed it up and applied the
patch.

Shawn

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel