Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 0/8] arm64: ftrace cleanup + FTRACE_WITH_REGS

From: Mark Rutland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 09:08:01 +0000

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 06:16:41PM +0100, Torsten Duwe wrote:
> After yesterday's testing, now
> 
> Reviewed-by: Torsten Duwe <[email-masked]>
> 
> for the series. 

Thanks! I've folded that in and pushed out the updated branch.

Since the only change this time around was only a trivial change in the linker
script, I'll hold off sending a v3. I'm hoping I can get acks for the ftrace,
module, and parisc bits soon...

> Executive summary: where I used x28 as scratch register in ftrace_regs_caller
> which I had to save for that reason, you switched to x10, which is so obvious
> that I failed to see it. Then the PLT initialisation on module load, and
> finally the ftrace_init_nop() hook that got you started initially. The rest
> I'd call more or less cosmetic deviations from my v8. IOW: fine with me.

Yup, that sounds about right. The other thing I did was expand the comments on
the ABI details, as that can be quite subtle, but I guess that's arguably
cosmetic, too.

Thanks for working on this, and for bearing with me on this rework -- I hadn't
intended that to drag on for so long.

Thanks,
Mark.

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel