Subject: [PATCH v2 0/7] Add support for H6 PWM

From: Clément Péron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 21:33:27 +0100

Hi,

This is a rework of Jernej's previous work[1] taking account all the
previous remarks.

Bindings is still strict but probe in the driver are now optionnals.

If someone could confirm that the PWM is not broken, as my board
doesn't output it.

I didn't add the acked-tags as there are big changes.

Thanks,
Clément

Jernej's cover:
Allwinner H6 SoC has PWM core which is basically the same as that found
in A20, it's just depends on additional bus clock and reset line.

This series adds support for it and extends PWM driver functionality in
a way that it's now possible to bypass whole core and output PWM source
clock directly as a PWM signal. This functionality is needed by AC200
chip, which is bundled in same physical package as H6 SoC, to serve as a
clock source of 24 MHz. AC200 clock input pin is bonded internally to
the second PWM channel.

I would be grateful if anyone can test this patch series for any kind of
regression on other SoCs.

[1]: https://patchwork.kernel.org/cover/11061737/

Changes in v2:
 - Remove allOf in Documentation
 - Add H6 example in Documentation
 - Change clock name from "pwm" to "mod"
 - Change reset quirk to optional probe
 - Change bus_clock quirk to optional probe
 - Add limitation comment about mod_clk_output
 - Add quirk for mod_clk_output
 - Change bypass formula

Clément Péron (1):
  [DO NOT MERGE] arm64: allwinner: h6: enable Beelink GS1 PWM

Jernej Skrabec (6):
  dt-bindings: pwm: allwinner: Add H6 PWM description
  pwm: sun4i: Add an optional probe for reset line
  pwm: sun4i: Add an optional probe for bus clock
  pwm: sun4i: Add support to output source clock directly
  pwm: sun4i: Add support for H6 PWM
  arm64: dts: allwinner: h6: Add PWM node

 .../bindings/pwm/allwinner,sun4i-a10-pwm.yaml |  45 ++++++-
 .../dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6-beelink-gs1.dts   |   4 +
 arch/arm64/boot/dts/allwinner/sun50i-h6.dtsi  |  10 ++
 drivers/pwm/pwm-sun4i.c                       | 116 +++++++++++++++++-
 4 files changed, 171 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel