Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 4/4] arm64: Use a variable to store non-global mappings decision

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 17:20:11 +0000

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 10:18:19AM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 09:18:07AM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > For my working branch I usually track -next since I've been
> > burned repeatedly in the past by interactions with other work
> > that's going on, both code conflicts and unfortunate runtime
> > interactions.

> I guess it's up to you, I personally find tracking -next during
> development a lot more distracting.

> Anyway, if you send patches to Will or me for upstream, please rebase
> (and test) on top of the vanilla kernel, otherwise we may not be able to
> apply them. You can (should) do a merge with -next and flag any
> conflicts or run-time issues.

I should also point out here that while with my workflow I see the
issues rebasing on -next the same conflicts will also come up whenever
merging into -next for testing which happens about as often.  The core
problem is that cpucaps.h can't use an enum because the assembler
doesn't understand that so it's pretty much guaranteed to lead to
frequent conflicts, hence the desire to get such patches merged.
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel