Subject: [PATCH v3 00/29] crypto: convert h/w accelerator drivers to skcipher API

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 14:27:57 +0100

This series converts all drivers for h/w accelerators that produce the
ablkcipher API to the skcipher API, so that we can finally retire the
long deprecated ablkcipher code.

Changes since v2:
- added a patch that removes the ablkcipher support code itself
- fix an issue in the talitos code
- add tero's ack to patch #5
- add stanimir's ack to patch #20

Changes since v1:
- remove some more [cosmetic] references to [a]blkcipher (#26-#27)
- add back missing IV for cbc(aes) in the omap driver, fixing a crash
- add Gary's ack to #4
- add Linus's ack to #6 and #15
- add Kamil's and Krzysztof's acks to #7
- fixed a bug in the Atmel patch (#8)
- add Horia's tested-by to #16
- add Dave's ack to #22

Patches #1, #2 are fixes for the virtio driver, which need to be applied
first so that they can be backported

Patches #3 and #4 have been tested on actual 'hardware' (given the virtual
nature of the virtio driver). Patch #7 was tested successfully in kernelci.
Patch #5 was tested by Tero. Patch #16 was tested by Horia.

All other patches have been build tested *only*, and should preferably be
tested on actual hardware before being merged. Note that patches can be
merged piecemeal (with the exception of #1 .. #3 which should be taken as a
set, and #28 which removes the ablkcipher support code) since there are no
dependencies between them. However, deferring this series indefinitely until
everyone has chimed in doesn't seem like a useful approach either, so I am
leaving it up to the maintainers to decide when we have reached critical
mass and the whole series can be taken.

Cc: Herbert Xu <[email-masked]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Ard Biesheuvel (29):
  crypto: virtio - implement missing support for output IVs
  crypto: virtio - deal with unsupported input sizes
  crypto: virtio - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: ccp - switch from ablkcipher to skcipher
  crypto: omap - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: ux500 - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: s5p - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: atmel-aes - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: atmel-tdes - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: bcm-spu - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: nitrox - remove cra_type reference to ablkcipher
  crypto: cavium/cpt - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: chelsio - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: hifn - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: ixp4xx - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: mxs - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: mediatek - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: sahara - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: picoxcell - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: qce - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: stm32 - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: niagara2 - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: rockchip - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: talitos - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: qat - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: marvell/cesa - rename blkcipher to skcipher
  crypto: nx - remove stale comment referring to the blkcipher walk API
  crypto: remove deprecated and unused ablkcipher support
  crypto: ccree - update a stale reference to ablkcipher

 Documentation/crypto/api-skcipher.rst              |  20 +-
 Documentation/crypto/architecture.rst              |   2 -
 Documentation/crypto/crypto_engine.rst             |   4 -
 crypto/Makefile                                    |   4 +-
 crypto/ablkcipher.c                                | 407 --------------
 crypto/algapi.c                                    |  26 -
 crypto/crypto_engine.c                             |  29 -
 crypto/skcipher.c                                  | 106 ----
 drivers/crypto/Kconfig                             |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/atmel-aes.c                         | 509 +++++++++---------
 drivers/crypto/atmel-tdes.c                        | 433 ++++++++-------
 drivers/crypto/bcm/cipher.c                        | 373 +++++++------
 drivers/crypto/bcm/cipher.h                        |  10 +-
 drivers/crypto/bcm/spu2.c                          |   6 +-
 drivers/crypto/cavium/cpt/cptvf_algs.c             | 292 +++++-----
 drivers/crypto/cavium/nitrox/nitrox_skcipher.c     |   1 -
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes-galois.c         |   7 +-
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes-xts.c            |  94 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes.c                | 169 +++---
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-des3.c               | 100 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-main.c               |  14 +-
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto.h                    |  13 +-
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_cipher.c                   |   4 +-
 drivers/crypto/chelsio/chcr_algo.c                 | 334 ++++++------
 drivers/crypto/chelsio/chcr_algo.h                 |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/chelsio/chcr_crypto.h               |  16 +-
 drivers/crypto/hifn_795x.c                         | 183 +++----
 drivers/crypto/ixp4xx_crypto.c                     | 228 ++++----
 drivers/crypto/marvell/cesa.h                      |   6 +-
 drivers/crypto/marvell/cipher.c                    |  14 +-
 drivers/crypto/mediatek/mtk-aes.c                  | 248 ++++-----
 drivers/crypto/mxs-dcp.c                           | 140 +++--
 drivers/crypto/n2_core.c                           | 194 ++++---
 drivers/crypto/nx/nx-aes-ccm.c                     |   5 -
 drivers/crypto/nx/nx-aes-gcm.c                     |   5 -
 drivers/crypto/omap-aes.c                          | 209 ++++----
 drivers/crypto/omap-aes.h                          |   4 +-
 drivers/crypto/omap-des.c                          | 232 ++++----
 drivers/crypto/picoxcell_crypto.c                  | 386 +++++++-------
 drivers/crypto/qat/qat_common/qat_algs.c           | 255 +++++----
 drivers/crypto/qat/qat_common/qat_crypto.h         |   4 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/Makefile                        |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/cipher.h                        |   8 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/common.c                        |  12 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/common.h                        |   3 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/core.c                          |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/{ablkcipher.c => skcipher.c}    | 172 +++---
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/Makefile                   |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto.c            |   8 +-
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto.h            |   3 +-
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto_ablkcipher.c | 556 --------------------
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto_skcipher.c   | 538 +++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/crypto/s5p-sss.c                           | 187 ++++---
 drivers/crypto/sahara.c                            | 156 +++---
 drivers/crypto/stm32/stm32-cryp.c                  | 338 ++++++------
 drivers/crypto/talitos.c                           | 308 +++++------
 drivers/crypto/ux500/cryp/cryp_core.c              | 371 ++++++-------
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_algs.c         | 192 +++----
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_common.h       |   2 +-
 include/crypto/aead.h                              |   2 +-
 include/crypto/algapi.h                            |  75 ---
 include/crypto/engine.h                            |   4 -
 include/crypto/hash.h                              |   2 +-
 include/crypto/internal/des.h                      |  12 -
 include/crypto/internal/skcipher.h                 |  20 -
 include/crypto/skcipher.h                          |   6 -
 include/linux/crypto.h                             | 435 ---------------
 67 files changed, 3506 insertions(+), 5000 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 crypto/ablkcipher.c
 rename drivers/crypto/qce/{ablkcipher.c => skcipher.c} (61%)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto_ablkcipher.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto_skcipher.c

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel