Subject: [PATCH for-stable-v4.4 39/53] ARM: 8789/1: signal: copy registers using __copy_to_user()

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 21:58:32 +0100

From: Julien Thierry <[email-masked]>

Commit 5ca451cf6ed04443774bbb7ee45332dafa42e99f upstream.

When saving the ARM integer registers, use __copy_to_user() to
copy them into user signal frame, rather than __put_user_error().
This has the benefit of disabling/enabling PAN once for the whole copy
intead of once per write.

Signed-off-by: Julien Thierry <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: David A. Long <[email-masked]>
Reviewed-by: Julien Thierry <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Sasha Levin <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/arm/kernel/signal.c | 49 +++++++++++---------
 1 file changed, 27 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/arm/kernel/signal.c b/arch/arm/kernel/signal.c
index 6bee5c9b1133..fbb325ff8acc 100644
--- a/arch/arm/kernel/signal.c
+++ b/arch/arm/kernel/signal.c
@@ -256,30 +256,35 @@ static int
 setup_sigframe(struct sigframe __user *sf, struct pt_regs *regs, sigset_t *set)
 {
 	struct aux_sigframe __user *aux;
+	struct sigcontext context;
 	int err = 0;
 
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r0, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r0, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r1, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r1, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r2, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r2, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r3, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r3, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r4, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r4, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r5, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r5, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r6, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r6, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r7, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r7, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r8, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r8, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r9, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r9, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_r10, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_r10, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_fp, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_fp, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_ip, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_ip, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_sp, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_sp, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_lr, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_lr, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_pc, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_pc, err);
-	__put_user_error(regs->ARM_cpsr, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.arm_cpsr, err);
-
-	__put_user_error(current->thread.trap_no, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.trap_no, err);
-	__put_user_error(current->thread.error_code, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.error_code, err);
-	__put_user_error(current->thread.address, &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.fault_address, err);
-	__put_user_error(set->sig[0], &sf->uc.uc_mcontext.oldmask, err);
+	context = (struct sigcontext) {
+		.arm_r0        = regs->ARM_r0,
+		.arm_r1        = regs->ARM_r1,
+		.arm_r2        = regs->ARM_r2,
+		.arm_r3        = regs->ARM_r3,
+		.arm_r4        = regs->ARM_r4,
+		.arm_r5        = regs->ARM_r5,
+		.arm_r6        = regs->ARM_r6,
+		.arm_r7        = regs->ARM_r7,
+		.arm_r8        = regs->ARM_r8,
+		.arm_r9        = regs->ARM_r9,
+		.arm_r10       = regs->ARM_r10,
+		.arm_fp        = regs->ARM_fp,
+		.arm_ip        = regs->ARM_ip,
+		.arm_sp        = regs->ARM_sp,
+		.arm_lr        = regs->ARM_lr,
+		.arm_pc        = regs->ARM_pc,
+		.arm_cpsr      = regs->ARM_cpsr,
+
+		.trap_no       = current->thread.trap_no,
+		.error_code    = current->thread.error_code,
+		.fault_address = current->thread.address,
+		.oldmask       = set->sig[0],
+	};
+
+	err |= __copy_to_user(&sf->uc.uc_mcontext, &context, sizeof(context));
 
 	err |= __copy_to_user(&sf->uc.uc_sigmask, set, sizeof(*set));
 
-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel