Subject: [PATCH v2 00/10] Improvements for random.h/archrandom.h

From: Richard Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 15:12:58 +0100

During patch review for an addition of archrandom.h for arm64, it was
suggeted that the arch_random_get_* functions should be marked __must_check.
Which does sound like a good idea, since the by-reference integer output
may be uninitialized when the boolean result is false.

In addition, it turns out that arch_has_random() and arch_has_random_seed()
are not used, and not easy to support for arm64.  Rather than cobble
something together that would not be testable, remove the interfaces
against some future accidental use.

In addition, I noticed a few other minor inconsistencies between the
different architectures, e.g. powerpc isn't using bool.

Change since v1:
  * Remove arch_has_random, arch_has_random_seed.

r~

Richard Henderson (10):
  x86: Remove arch_has_random, arch_has_random_seed
  powerpc: Remove arch_has_random, arch_has_random_seed
  s390: Remove arch_has_random, arch_has_random_seed
  linux/random.h: Remove arch_has_random, arch_has_random_seed
  linux/random.h: Use false with bool
  linux/random.h: Mark CONFIG_ARCH_RANDOM functions __must_check
  x86: Mark archrandom.h functions __must_check
  powerpc: Use bool in archrandom.h
  powerpc: Mark archrandom.h functions __must_check
  s390x: Mark archrandom.h functions __must_check

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/archrandom.h | 27 +++++++++-----------------
 arch/s390/include/asm/archrandom.h    | 20 ++++---------------
 arch/x86/include/asm/archrandom.h     | 28 ++++++++++++---------------
 include/linux/random.h                | 24 ++++++++---------------
 4 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel