Subject: [PATCH v4 44/47] net/wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc: fix reading of __be16 registers

From: Rasmus Villemoes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 14:01:20 +0100

When releasing the allocated muram resource, we rely on reading back
the offsets from the riptr/tiptr registers. But those registers are
__be16 (and we indeed write them using iowrite16be), so we can't just
read them back with a normal C dereference.

This is not currently a real problem, since for now the driver is
PPC32-only. But it will soon be allowed to be used on arm and arm64 as
well.

Signed-off-by: Rasmus Villemoes <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc.c b/drivers/net/wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc.c
index 405b24a5a60d..8d13586bb774 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wan/fsl_ucc_hdlc.c
@@ -732,8 +732,8 @@ static int uhdlc_open(struct net_device *dev)
 
 static void uhdlc_memclean(struct ucc_hdlc_private *priv)
 {
-	qe_muram_free(priv->ucc_pram->riptr);
-	qe_muram_free(priv->ucc_pram->tiptr);
+	qe_muram_free(ioread16be(&priv->ucc_pram->riptr));
+	qe_muram_free(ioread16be(&priv->ucc_pram->tiptr));
 
 	if (priv->rx_bd_base) {
 		dma_free_coherent(priv->dev,
-- 
2.23.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel