Subject: [PATCH v4 00/29] crypto: convert h/w accelerator drivers to skcipher API

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 18:09:25 +0100

This series converts all drivers for h/w accelerators that produce the
ablkcipher API to the skcipher API, so that we can finally retire the
long deprecated ablkcipher code.

Changes since v3:
- add acks from Tudor, Gilad and Eric
- incorporate updated version of the QAT patch from Giovanni
- rebased onto latest cryptodev/master
- updated wording in commit logs to refer to ablkcipher not blkcipher [which
  has already been removed]

Changes since v2:
- added a patch that removes the ablkcipher support code itself
- fix an issue in the talitos code
- add tero's ack to patch #5
- add stanimir's ack to patch #20

Changes since v1:
- remove some more [cosmetic] references to [a]blkcipher (#26-#27)
- add back missing IV for cbc(aes) in the omap driver, fixing a crash
- add Gary's ack to #4
- add Linus's ack to #6 and #15
- add Kamil's and Krzysztof's acks to #7
- fixed a bug in the Atmel patch (#8)
- add Horia's tested-by to #16
- add Dave's ack to #22

Patches #1, #2 are fixes for the virtio driver, which need to be applied
first so that they can be backported

Patches #3 and #4 have been tested by me on actual 'hardware' (given the
virtual nature of the virtio driver). Patch #5 was tested by Tero. Patch #7
was tested successfully in kernelci. Patches #8 and #9 were tested by Tudor.
Patch #16 was tested by Horia. Patch #25 was updated with changes proposed
by Giovanni, so I assume he tested them as well. Patch #24 was fixed in v2
in response to a test failure report.

All other patches have been build tested *only*, and should preferably be
tested on actual hardware before being merged. Note that patches can be
merged piecemeal (with the exception of #1 .. #3 which should be taken as a
set, and #28 which removes the ablkcipher support code) since there are no
dependencies between them. However, deferring this series indefinitely until
everyone has chimed in doesn't seem like a useful approach either, so I am
leaving it up to the maintainers to decide when we have reached critical
mass and the whole series can be taken.

Cc: Herbert Xu <[email-masked]>
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Ard Biesheuvel (29):
  crypto: virtio - implement missing support for output IVs
  crypto: virtio - deal with unsupported input sizes
  crypto: virtio - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: ccp - switch from ablkcipher to skcipher
  crypto: omap - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: ux500 - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: s5p - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: atmel-aes - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: atmel-tdes - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: bcm-spu - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: nitrox - remove cra_type reference to ablkcipher
  crypto: cavium/cpt - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: chelsio - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: hifn - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: ixp4xx - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: mxs - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: mediatek - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: sahara - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: picoxcell - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: qce - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: stm32 - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: niagara2 - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: rockchip - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: talitos - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: qat - switch to skcipher API
  crypto: marvell/cesa - rename blkcipher to skcipher
  crypto: nx - remove stale comment referring to the blkcipher walk API
  crypto: remove deprecated and unused ablkcipher support
  crypto: ccree - update a stale reference to ablkcipher

 Documentation/crypto/api-skcipher.rst         |  20 +-
 Documentation/crypto/architecture.rst         |   2 -
 Documentation/crypto/crypto_engine.rst        |   4 -
 crypto/Makefile                               |   4 +-
 crypto/ablkcipher.c                           | 407 -------------
 crypto/algapi.c                               |  26 -
 crypto/crypto_engine.c                        |  29 -
 crypto/skcipher.c                             | 106 ----
 drivers/crypto/Kconfig                        |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/atmel-aes.c                    | 509 ++++++++--------
 drivers/crypto/atmel-tdes.c                   | 433 +++++++-------
 drivers/crypto/bcm/cipher.c                   | 373 ++++++------
 drivers/crypto/bcm/cipher.h                   |  10 +-
 drivers/crypto/bcm/spu2.c                     |   6 +-
 drivers/crypto/cavium/cpt/cptvf_algs.c        | 292 +++++----
 .../crypto/cavium/nitrox/nitrox_skcipher.c    |   1 -
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes-galois.c    |   7 +-
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes-xts.c       |  94 +--
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-aes.c           | 169 +++---
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-des3.c          | 100 ++--
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto-main.c          |  14 +-
 drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-crypto.h               |  13 +-
 drivers/crypto/ccree/cc_cipher.c              |   4 +-
 drivers/crypto/chelsio/chcr_algo.c            | 334 ++++++-----
 drivers/crypto/chelsio/chcr_algo.h            |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/chelsio/chcr_crypto.h          |  16 +-
 drivers/crypto/hifn_795x.c                    | 183 +++---
 drivers/crypto/ixp4xx_crypto.c                | 228 ++++---
 drivers/crypto/marvell/cesa.h                 |   6 +-
 drivers/crypto/marvell/cipher.c               |  14 +-
 drivers/crypto/mediatek/mtk-aes.c             | 248 ++++----
 drivers/crypto/mxs-dcp.c                      | 140 ++---
 drivers/crypto/n2_core.c                      | 194 +++---
 drivers/crypto/nx/nx-aes-ccm.c                |   5 -
 drivers/crypto/nx/nx-aes-gcm.c                |   5 -
 drivers/crypto/omap-aes.c                     | 209 ++++---
 drivers/crypto/omap-aes.h                     |   4 +-
 drivers/crypto/omap-des.c                     | 232 ++++----
 drivers/crypto/picoxcell_crypto.c             | 386 ++++++------
 drivers/crypto/qat/qat_common/qat_algs.c      | 304 +++++-----
 drivers/crypto/qat/qat_common/qat_crypto.h    |   4 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/Makefile                   |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/cipher.h                   |   8 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/common.c                   |  12 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/common.h                   |   3 +-
 drivers/crypto/qce/core.c                     |   2 +-
 .../crypto/qce/{ablkcipher.c => skcipher.c}   | 172 +++---
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/Makefile              |   2 +-
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto.c       |   8 +-
 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto.h       |   3 +-
 .../rockchip/rk3288_crypto_ablkcipher.c       | 556 ------------------
 .../crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto_skcipher.c  | 538 +++++++++++++++++
 drivers/crypto/s5p-sss.c                      | 187 +++---
 drivers/crypto/sahara.c                       | 156 +++--
 drivers/crypto/stm32/stm32-cryp.c             | 338 +++++------
 drivers/crypto/talitos.c                      | 308 +++++-----
 drivers/crypto/ux500/cryp/cryp_core.c         | 371 +++++-------
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_algs.c    | 192 +++---
 drivers/crypto/virtio/virtio_crypto_common.h  |   2 +-
 include/crypto/aead.h                         |   2 +-
 include/crypto/algapi.h                       |  75 ---
 include/crypto/engine.h                       |   4 -
 include/crypto/hash.h                         |   2 +-
 include/crypto/internal/des.h                 |  12 -
 include/crypto/internal/skcipher.h            |  20 -
 include/crypto/skcipher.h                     |   6 -
 include/linux/crypto.h                        | 435 --------------
 67 files changed, 3531 insertions(+), 5024 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 crypto/ablkcipher.c
 rename drivers/crypto/qce/{ablkcipher.c => skcipher.c} (61%)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto_ablkcipher.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/crypto/rockchip/rk3288_crypto_skcipher.c

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel