Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 11/29] vmlinux.lds.h: Replace RODATA with RO_DATA

From: Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 10:07:36 +0100

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 07:08:51PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> vmlinux-std.lds: All other classic 680x0 targets with an MMU, e.g. plain
>                  defconfig aka multi_defconfig.

FWIW, the defconfig doesn't build with the cross compiler¹ here, even with Kees'
patch applied but for a different reason:

$ make.cross ARCH=m68k defconfig
...

$make.cross ARCH=m68k 2>w.log
...
drivers/video/fbdev/c2p_planar.o: In function `transp8':
c2p_planar.c:(.text+0x13a): undefined reference to `c2p_unsupported'
c2p_planar.c:(.text+0x1de): undefined reference to `c2p_unsupported'
drivers/video/fbdev/c2p_iplan2.o: In function `transp4x.constprop.0':
c2p_iplan2.c:(.text+0x98): undefined reference to `c2p_unsupported'
make: *** [Makefile:1094: vmlinux] Error 1

¹ https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/tools/crosstool/files/bin/x86_64/8.1.0/

-- 
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

https://people.kernel.org/tglx/notes-about-netiquette

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel