Subject: [PATCH v1 0/26] drm/panel infrastructure + backlight update

From: Sam Ravnborg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 20:32:04 +0100

This patchset include a couple of different
things - all related to panels.

- The panel callbacks are optional - so drop error if
  callback is not present.
 
- Add support for backlight in drm_panel.
  This allows us to make much simpler backlight
  support to most panels.
  The patchset include conversion of most of the
  trivial cases.

- Drop drm_connector from drm_panel.
  This change required many changes to most
  panels and many bridges and display drivers.
  This is by far the most invasive change in this patchset.

- Drop the unused get_timings() callback.
  No users, so no need to keep it around.

With this patchset drm_panel_(attach|detach) are nop's
but they are kept for now.

A few of these patches has been sent out before - but versioning
started again from v1 - as the most patches are new.

I have tested the panel-simple changes, and thus some
of the infrastructure changes.
The testing was done on an earlier iteration - and I ended
up submitting this as Laurent and others started to depend on it.
Jitao has a patch to add more callbacks, and I wanted the
simplification of the callbacks before we add more callbacks.

	Sam

Sam Ravnborg (26):
      drm/drm_panel: no error when no callback
      drm/panel: add backlight support
      drm/panel: simple: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm: get drm_bridge_panel connector via helper
      drm/panel: add drm_connector argument to get_modes()
      drm/panel: decouple connector from drm_panel
      drm/panel: remove get_timings
      drm/panel: drop drm_device from drm_panel
      drm/panel: feiyang-fy07024di26a30d: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: ilitek-ili9881c: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: innolux-p079zca: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: kingdisplay-kd097d04: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: lvds: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: olimex-lcd-olinuxino: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: osd-osd101t2587-53ts: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: panasonic-vvx10f034n00: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: raydium-rm68200: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: rocktech-jh057n00900: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: ronbo-rb070d30: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: seiko-43wvf1g: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: sharp-lq101r1sx01: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: sharp-ls043t1le01: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: sitronix-st7701: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: sitronix-st7789v: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: tpo-td028ttec1: use drm_panel backlight support
      drm/panel: tpo-tpg110: use drm_panel backlight support

 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix-anx6345.c |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/analogix/analogix_dp_core.c |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/panel.c                     |  18 +++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/parade-ps8622.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/tc358764.c                  |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/tc358767.c                  |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/bridge/ti-sn65dsi86.c              |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_panel.c                        |  96 ++++++++++++++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_dpi.c            |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/exynos/exynos_drm_dsi.c            |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/fsl-dcu/fsl_dcu_drm_rgb.c          |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/imx/imx-ldb.c                      |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/imx/parallel-display.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/mediatek/mtk_dsi.c                 |   2 +-
 .../gpu/drm/msm/disp/mdp4/mdp4_lvds_connector.c    |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/msm/dsi/dsi_manager.c              |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/mxsfb/mxsfb_out.c                  |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/omap_connector.c           |   3 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-arm-versatile.c        |   6 +-
 .../gpu/drm/panel/panel-feiyang-fy07024di26a30d.c  |  16 ++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-ilitek-ili9322.c       |  20 ++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-ilitek-ili9881c.c      |  29 ++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-innolux-p079zca.c      |  45 +++------
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-jdi-lt070me05000.c     |  11 ++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-kingdisplay-kd097d04.c |  43 +++-----
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-lg-lb035q02.c          |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-lg-lg4573.c            |  12 +--
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-lvds.c                 |  46 ++-------
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-nec-nl8048hl11.c       |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-novatek-nt39016.c      |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-olimex-lcd-olinuxino.c |  27 ++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-orisetech-otm8009a.c   |  11 ++-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-osd-osd101t2587-53ts.c |  37 +++----
 .../gpu/drm/panel/panel-panasonic-vvx10f034n00.c   |  58 +++--------
 .../gpu/drm/panel/panel-raspberrypi-touchscreen.c  |   9 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-raydium-rm67191.c      |   8 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-raydium-rm68200.c      |  26 +++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-rocktech-jh057n00900.c |  35 +++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-ronbo-rb070d30.c       |  31 ++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-samsung-ld9040.c       |   4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-samsung-s6d16d0.c      |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-samsung-s6e3ha2.c      |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-samsung-s6e63j0x03.c   |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-samsung-s6e63m0.c      |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-samsung-s6e8aa0.c      |   4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-seiko-43wvf1g.c        |  72 +++-----------
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sharp-lq101r1sx01.c    |  34 +++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sharp-ls037v7dw01.c    |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sharp-ls043t1le01.c    |  33 +++----
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-simple.c               | 110 ++++++---------------
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sitronix-st7701.c      |  23 ++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sitronix-st7789v.c     |  49 ++-------
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-sony-acx565akm.c       |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-tpo-td028ttec1.c       |  20 ++--
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-tpo-td043mtea1.c       |   6 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-tpo-tpg110.c           |  26 ++---
 drivers/gpu/drm/panel/panel-truly-nt35597.c        |   4 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/pl111/pl111_drv.c                  |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/rcar-du/rcar_lvds.c                |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/rockchip/rockchip_lvds.c           |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/sti/sti_dvo.c                      |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/sun4i/sun4i_lvds.c                 |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/sun4i/sun4i_rgb.c                  |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/sun4i/sun6i_mipi_dsi.c             |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/output.c                     |   2 +-
 drivers/gpu/drm/tve200/tve200_drv.c                |   2 +-
 include/drm/drm_bridge.h                           |   1 +
 include/drm/drm_panel.h                            |  49 ++++-----
 68 files changed, 460 insertions(+), 664 deletions(-)

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel