Subject: [PATCH 0/2] efi: simplify property table handling on ARM

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 12:09:15 +0000

Instead of sorting the memory map and comparing the placement and
type of adjacent entries in the EFI memory map, which was implemented
to prevent breakage when the pointless and deprecated UEFI property
table feature is provided by the firmware, boot with a 1:1 mapping
for runtime services in this case, which works around the issue as
well.

Also, move the code that handles this feature into arch/x86, which
is the only architecture which is known to have shipped systems with
this feature enabled.

Ard Biesheuvel (2):
  efi/arm64: use 1:1 mapping of RT services if property table exists
  efi: move handling of properties table to x86 specific code

 arch/x86/platform/efi/efi.c             |  22 ++++-
 drivers/firmware/efi/efi.c              |  19 ----
 drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/Makefile   |   1 -
 drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/arm-stub.c | 103 ++++++--------------
 include/linux/efi.h                     |   1 -
 5 files changed, 50 insertions(+), 96 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel