Subject: arm_smccc_smc as generic smc interface?

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2019 10:07:52 -0800

Hi all,

So it seems that we could make arm_smccc_smc() into a generic kernel
smc interface instead of being limited to optee usage. That is
assuming optee and legacy calls are never be enabled the same time
on a booted system :)

I know arm_smccc_smc() currently assumes a specific register usage
for the optee case, but AFAIK those limitations do not exist for
non-optee cases.

Does anybody see some other issues with making arm_smccc_smc() into
a generic smc call interface?

If there are some more optee specific considerations with making
arm_smccc_smc() into a generic interface, we could just set up
something generic that also arm_smccc_smc() can then call.

The use case I'm familiar with are the old TI smc calls that need
register specific quirks enabled only for the non-optee case,
while with optee enabled, quirks are not needed. There are
probably similar issues with other SoCs too.

Regards,

Tony

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel