Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 02/12] ELF: Add ELF program property parsing support

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 13:58:03 +0000

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 04:14:47PM -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 06:25:35PM +0100, Dave Martin wrote:

A bit of a delay, sorry - I've taken this series over from Dave and
wasn't on the CC so only just saw this.

> > +#ifndef ELF_COMPAT
> > +#define ELF_COMPAT 0
> > +#endif

> Why is "compat" interesting for the arch_ callback? Shouldn't just the
> unsigned long size be needed?

The set of properties handled or how they should be handled may vary
depending on the ABI.  For example arm64 supports BTI only for AArch64
but not for AArch32 so we should only handle the property for BTI for
AArch64 binaries.
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel