Subject: Re: [PATCH 10/10] tty: serial: samsung_tty: fix blank line checkpatch warning

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 12:09:44 +0100

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 04:13:45PM +0100, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 03:37:06PM +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> > checkpatch is giving a bunch of:
> > 	WARNING: Missing a blank line after declarations
> > messages on this file, so fix up all instances of that issue.
> 
> I would prefer to squash it with previous. These are not bugs, just
> minor coding style violations so there is no point to split it per
> patch. Too much churn.

For coding style fixes, in staging, I require "one type of change per
patch" otherwise big "fix all the coding style issues" patches are
impossible to review.

Breaking it up into tiny pieces makes it easy/trivial to review, which
makes it easier for maintainers, which is the key here.  There is no
"churn".

thanks,

greg k-h

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel