Subject: Re: [v2 3/6] of: address: add support to parse PCI outbound-ranges

From: Bjorn Helgaas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 15:05:48 -0600

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 08:47:45AM +0000, Lad Prabhakar wrote:
> From: "Lad, Prabhakar" <[email-masked]>

$ git log --oneline drivers/of/address.c
951d48855d86 of: Make of_dma_get_range() work on bus nodes
645c138636de of/address: Fix of_pci_range_parser_one translation of DMA addresses
81db12ee15cb of/address: Translate 'dma-ranges' for parent nodes missing 'dma-ranges'
b68ac8dc22eb of: Factor out #{addr,size}-cells parsing
c60bf3eb888a of: address: Follow DMA parent for "dma-coherent"
862ab5578f75 of/address: Introduce of_get_next_dma_parent() helper

Make yours match.  There are a few "of: address: " subjects, but the
ones from Rob (the maintainer) use "of/address: ", so I'd use that.

> this patch adds support to parse PCI outbound-ranges, the
> outbound-regions are similar to pci ranges except it doesn't
> have pci address, below is the format for bar-ranges:

s/pci/PCI/
Capitalize sentences.

Is "bar-range" an actual DT property?  If it's supposed to be a
generic description, "BAR range" would be better.

> outbound-ranges = <flags upper32_cpuaddr lower32_cpuaddr
>                    upper32_size lower32_size>;

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel