Subject: [PATCH 00/14] Remove legacy sdma code for dt booting omaps

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 16:19:11 -0800

Hi all,

This series finally removes the legacy sdma code for omaps booting with
devicetree. The legacy sdma code is still left for omap1, but makes
further work a bit easier.

We do the removal of legacy sdma code with the following steps:

- Prepare for platform data removal by probing sdma with device tree
  data for the interconnect target module

- Drop unused code and legacy interrupt code for omap2 and later

- Update dmaengine driver to use device tree match data and add
  missing features

- Allocate logical channels directly in the dmaengine driver

- Drop legacy platform init and data

The patches are against v5.5-rc1, and need the following fixes:

2c81f0f6d3f5 ("bus: ti-sysc: Fix iterating over clocks")
e709ed70d122 ("bus: ti-sysc: Fix missing reset delay handling")
93c60483b5fe ("bus: ti-sysc: Fix missing force mstandby quirk handling")
90bdfa0b05e3 ("ARM: OMAP2+: Fix ti_sysc_find_one_clockdomain to check for to_clk_hw_omap")

To make testing easier, I've also pushed out a testing branch at [0][1].

Regards,

Tony

[0] git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git omap-for-v5.6/sdma-testing
[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap.git/log/?h=omap-for-v5.6/sdma-testing

Tony Lindgren (14):
  ARM: dts: Add generic compatible for omap sdma instances
  ARM: dts: Configure interconnect target module for omap2 sdma
  ARM: dts: Configure interconnect target module for omap3 sdma
  ARM: OMAP2+: Drop unused sdma functions
  ARM: OMAP2+: Drop sdma interrupt handling for mach-omap2
  ARM: OMAP2+: Configure sdma capabilities directly
  ARM: OMAP2+: Configure dma_plat_info directly and drop dma_dev_attr
  dmaengine: ti: omap-dma: Add device tree match data and use it for
    cpu_pm
  dmaengine: ti: omap-dma: Configure global priority register directly
  dmaengine: ti: omap-dma: Pass sdma auxdata to driver and use it
  dmaengine: ti: omap-dma: Allocate channels directly
  dmaengine: ti: omap-dma: Use cpu notifier to block idle for omap2
  ARM: OMAP2+: Drop legacy init for sdma
  ARM: OMAP2+: Drop legacy platform data for sdma

 arch/arm/boot/dts/dra7-l4.dtsi                |   3 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2.dtsi                  |  43 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap2430.dtsi               |   4 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-n900.dts              |   5 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3.dtsi                  |  46 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap36xx.dtsi               |   4 +
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap4-l4.dtsi               |   3 +-
 arch/arm/boot/dts/omap5-l4.dtsi               |   3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/common.h                  |   3 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/dma.c                     | 119 +----
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.c             | 170 -------
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.h             |   4 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2420_data.c    |  34 --
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2430_data.c    |  34 --
 .../mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2xxx_ipblock_data.c |  18 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c    |  61 ---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_44xx_data.c    |  69 ---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_54xx_data.c    |  61 ---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_7xx_data.c     |  61 ---
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_common_data.h  |   1 -
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/pdata-quirks.c            |   1 +
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm24xx.c                  |  22 +-
 arch/arm/mach-omap2/pm34xx.c                  |   5 -
 arch/arm/plat-omap/dma.c                      | 471 +-----------------
 drivers/dma/ti/omap-dma.c                     | 288 ++++++++++-
 include/linux/omap-dma.h                      |  18 -
 26 files changed, 391 insertions(+), 1160 deletions(-)

-- 
2.24.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel