Subject: TI omap compile problem in 5.5-rc1? was Re: [PATCH] ARM: davinci: select CONFIG_RESET_CONTROLLER

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:45:20 +0100

Hi!

> Selecting RESET_CONTROLLER is actually required, otherwise we
> can get a link failure in the clock driver:
> 
> drivers/clk/davinci/psc.o: In function `__davinci_psc_register_clocks':
> psc.c:(.text+0x9a0): undefined reference to `devm_reset_controller_register'
> drivers/clk/davinci/psc-da850.o: In function `da850_psc0_init':
> psc-da850.c:(.text+0x24): undefined reference to
> `reset_controller_add_lookup'

Does omap need similar handing in 5.5-rc1?

  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
  drivers/soc/ti/omap_prm.o: In function `omap_prm_probe':
  omap_prm.c:(.text+0x4d0): undefined reference to
  `devm_reset_controller_register'
  /data/fast/l/k/Makefile:1077: recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
  make[1]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Enabling reset controller seems to help::

Reset Controller Support (RESET_CONTROLLER) [Y/n/?] (NEW)
  TI SYSCON Reset Driver (RESET_TI_SYSCON) [N/m/y/?] (NEW)

Best regards,
									Pavel

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel