Subject: Re: Droid 4 on 5.5-rc3

From: Pavel Machek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 21:11:33 +0100

Hi!

> > > 5.4-based kernel works ok on my droid 4.
> > > 
> > > 5.5-rc3 based kernel has problems; it reboots when I try to kexec it.
> > > 
> > > Vanilla 5.5-rc3 reboots, too.
> > > 
> > > If you have any ideas, let me know.
> > 
> > I managed to get partial serial dump. This should be 5.5-rc3: And then
> > a bit better serial dump (below). But it is silent for few seconds,
> > and then it restarts...
> 
> If spi or regulators have problems, nothing will really work..
> 
> > 885955] ------------[ cut here ]------------                                    
> > [    1.890624] WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 1 at /data/fast/l/k/drivers/regulator/core.c
> > [    1.900421] Modules linked in:                                               
> > [    1.903533] CPU: 0 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 5.5.0-rc3-00624-g46cf00
> > [    1.911651] Hardware name: Generic OMAP4 (Flattened Device Tree)             
> > [    1.917724] [<c010f1e4>] (unwind_backtrace) from [<c010b4b0>] (show_stack+0x)
> > [    1.925537] [<c010b4b0>] (show_stack) from [<c08ecd18>] (dump_stack+0xb4/0xd)
> > [    1.932800] [<c08ecd18>] (dump_stack) from [<c012db50>] (__warn+0xc8/0xf0)   
> > [    1.939727] [<c012db50>] (__warn) from [<c012dc04>] (warn_slowpath_fmt+0x8c/)
> > [    1.947235] [<c012dc04>] (warn_slowpath_fmt) from [<c0423b4c>] (_regulator_p)
> > [    1.955474] [<c0423b4c>] (_regulator_put) from [<c0423b74>] (regulator_put+0)
> > [    1.963348] [<c0423b74>] (regulator_put) from [<c04ddcbc>] (release_nodes+0x)
> > [    1.971313] [<c04ddcbc>] (release_nodes) from [<c04d9e0c>] (really_probe+0x1)
> > [    1.979187] [<c04d9e0c>] (really_probe) from [<c04da204>] (driver_probe_devi)
> > [    1.987518] [<c04da204>] (driver_probe_device) from [<c04d8490>] (bus_for_ea)
> > [    1.996093] [<c04d8490>] (bus_for_each_drv) from [<c04da11c>] (__device_atta)
> > [    2.004394] [<c04da11c>] (__device_attach) from [<c04d91b4>] (bus_probe_devi)
> > [    2.012634] [<c04d91b4>] (bus_probe_device) from [<c04d7370>] (device_add+0x)
> > [    2.020599] [<c04d7370>] (device_add) from [<c04dbb04>] (platform_device_add)
> > [    2.028747] [<c04dbb04>] (platform_device_add) from [<c0503a34>] (mfd_add_de)
> > [    2.037414] [<c0503a34>] (mfd_add_devices) from [<c0503b4c>] (devm_mfd_add_d)
> > [    2.045989] [<c0503b4c>] (devm_mfd_add_devices) from [<c0503f40>] (cpcap_pro)
> > [    2.054382] [<c0503f40>] (cpcap_probe) from [<c054b4ac>] (spi_drv_probe+0x80)
> > [    2.061981] [<c054b4ac>] (spi_drv_probe) from [<c04d9edc>] (really_probe+0x1)
> > [    2.069854] [<c04d9edc>] (really_probe) from [<c04da204>] (driver_probe_devi)
> > [    2.078186] [<c04da204>] (driver_probe_device) from [<c04d8490>] (bus_for_ea)
> > [    2.086761] [<c04d8490>] (bus_for_each_drv) from [<c04da11c>] (__device_atta)
> > [    2.095062] [<c04da11c>] (__device_attach) from [<c04d91b4>] (bus_probe_devi)
> > [    2.103302] [<c04d91b4>] (bus_probe_device) from [<c04d7370>] (device_add+0x)
> > [    2.111267] [<c04d7370>] (device_add) from [<c054c044>] (spi_add_device+0x8c)
> > [    2.118957] [<c054c044>] (spi_add_device) from [<c054caa8>] (spi_register_co)
> > [    2.127868] [<c054caa8>] (spi_register_controller) from [<c054ce10>] (devm_s)
> > [    2.137847] [<c054ce10>] (devm_spi_register_controller) from [<c0550ab8>] (o)
> > [    2.147460] [<c0550ab8>] (omap2_mcspi_probe) from [<c04db92c>] (platform_drv)
> 
> I'm not seeing this with v5.5-rc4 though, maybe it already got fixed?

I tried v5.5-rc4, and it does not boot either. I'm kexecing from
5.3-rc2. Maybe there's Kconfig difference? This is my...

									Pavel

-- 
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel