Subject: Re: [PATCH] PCI: dwc: Separate CFG0 and CFG1 into different ATU regions

From: Shawn Guo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 16:56:28 +0800

Hi Vidya,

On Thu, Jan 09, 2020 at 11:04:01PM +0530, Vidya Sagar wrote:
> 
> 
> On 1/9/2020 11:36 AM, Shawn Guo wrote:
> > External email: Use caution opening links or attachments
> > 
> > 
> > Some platform has 4 (or more) viewports.  In that case, CFG0 and CFG1
> > can be separated into different ATU regions.
> Is there any specific benefit with this scheme?

Thanks much for the question which leads me to go back to vendor for
checking design details of 4 (or more) viewports.

It turns out the patch is not complete.  We need more code change to
get the benefit of using separate ATU region for CFG0 and CFG1, that
is the dw_pcie_prog_outbound_atu() call in dw_pcie_access_other_conf()
function can  be saved.  But in the meanwhile, we need to pass
'va_cfg_base | busdev' as the first argument to dw_pcie_write/read()
in there.

@Lorenzo, @Bjorn,

Please ignore this patch.

Shawn

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel