Subject: [PATCH v3 0/3] ARM: davinci: convert dm365 to using the new clocksource driver

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2020 18:16:40 +0100

From: Bartosz Golaszewski <[email-masked]>

This is a follow-up to the big series converting DaVinci to using
a proper clocksource driver. Last time we couldn't merge the entire
series because of a bug that only appears on dm365 Soc when using
ancient u-boot.

This series contains a workaround for this problem, a patch finally
converting the platform as well as a removal of all obsolete code.

v1 -> v2:
- simplify patch 1/3 by using a boolean flag instead of caching the
  value bits for TIM34

v2 -> v3:
- simplify patch 1/3 even more as advised by Daniel Lezcano: simply
  register clockevents only after tim34 is initialized

Bartosz Golaszewski (3):
  clocksource: davinci: only enable clockevents once tim34 is
    initialized
  ARM: davinci: dm365: switch to using the clocksource driver
  ARM: davinci: remove legacy timer support

 arch/arm/mach-davinci/Makefile              |   3 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/devices-da8xx.c       |   1 -
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/devices.c             |  19 -
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/dm365.c               |  22 +-
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/common.h |  17 -
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/time.h   |  33 --
 arch/arm/mach-davinci/time.c                | 400 --------------------
 drivers/clocksource/timer-davinci.c         |   8 +-
 8 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 483 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/include/mach/time.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-davinci/time.c

-- 
2.23.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel