Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] PM / EM: and devices to Energy Model

From: Quentin Perret <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 09:37:55 +0000

On Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 at 10:10:16 (+0100), Dietmar Eggemann wrote:
> True. But then we hard-code that a CPU device performance domain can
> only be a frequency domain (which is true today).
> 
> The task scheduler (build_perf_domains()) and thermal are already using
> cpufreq_cpu_get() to access the cpufreq policy. Now the EM framework
> would too for CPU devices. I assume that could work with a couple of
> adaptations in Documentation/power/energy-model.rst.

Agreed, and if one day we have a real use case where the pd mask and the
cpufreq policy mask need to be different, we'll do the necessary
changes. But until then I don't see a reason to object to Lukasz'
proposal. So +1 from me.

Thanks,
Quentin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel