Subject: Re: [PATCH V4] firmware: arm_scmi: Make scmi core independent of the transport type

From: Sudeep Holla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:22:35 +0000

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 08:32:12AM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote:

[...]

>
> I think this defines the problem somewhat, though I wasn't able to
> reproduce the problem on my platform :)

No worries, I found the issue. It's devm_kzalloc in mailbox_chan_setup.
You need to pin the allocation with dev the main scmi platform device and
not individual protocol specific scmi_device. Basically, change cdev to
dev in there. It fixed the issue. You have it correct later for payload
devm_ioremap. I couldn't review the change in detail yet, allow me today.
You can post next version next week, anyways too late for v5.6 ;).

Peng, Peter,

Any comments on this ? I hope you are happy with this for SMC and virtio
based transport.

--
Regards,
Sudeep

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel