Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] Support LVDS output on Allwinner A20

From: Andrey Lebedev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 00:46:53 +0200

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 01:53:45PM +0100, Maxime Ripard wrote:
> > > Side question, this will need some DT changes too, right?
> >
> > Hm, I agree. I think it would be reasonable to include LVDS0/1 pins
> 
> That, but most importantly, the reset and clocks for the LVDS
> block. Also from looking at it, I'm not entirely sure that the TCON1
> has a LVDS output

I also have impression that LVDS is only supported on TCON0, but that's
mostly from this comment in sun4i_lvds.c:

	/* The LVDS encoder can only work with the TCON channel 0 */

> do you have a board when you have been able to test it?

Yes, I have the hardware (Cubieboard 2) at hand, but I cannot change the
any physical connections on it. FWIW, it is https://openvario.org, the
device we are (painfully) trying to upgrade from old kernel-3.4 with
proprietary mali drivers to contemporary software.

> > and sample (but disabled) lvds panel,
> 
> That's good for the sake of the example, but it shouldn't be in the
> same patch, it won't be merged.

I jave just submitted version 2 of the patches - set of 2 patches this
time. Addressed your comments, please take a look.

-- 
Andrey Lebedev aka -.- . -.. -.. . .-.
Software engineer
Homepage: http://lebedev.lt/

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel