Subject: [PATCH 0/5] Random debug/PMU fixes for 5.6

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 18:53:19 +0000

Here's a few cleanups and fixes for 5.6, all around our debug and
PMU ID register emulation:

1) Missing RES1 bit in DBGDIDR
2) Limiting PMU version to v8.1
3) Limiting debug version to ARMv8.0
4) Support for ARMv8.4-PMU

(1) was reported by Peter, (2) had a patch from Andrew Murray on the
list, but it's been a while since he was going to rebase and fix it,
so I did bite the bullet. (3) is needed until we implement the right
thing with NV. (4) was too easy not to be done right away.

Patch #2 is a cleanup that helps the following patches.

Unless someone objects, I'd like to take this into 5.6 (except maybe
for the last patch).

Marc Zyngier (5):
  KVM: arm64: Fix missing RES1 in emulation of DBGBIDR
  KVM: arm64: Refactor filtering of ID registers
  kvm: arm64: Limit PMU version to ARMv8.1
  KVM: arm64: Limit the debug architecture to ARMv8.0
  KVM: arm64: Upgrade PMU support to ARMv8.4

 arch/arm64/include/asm/sysreg.h |  2 ++
 arch/arm64/kvm/sys_regs.c       | 35 +++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 2 files changed, 29 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel