Subject: [PATCH 0/3] efi/arm: refactor DT EFI param parsing

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 16:24:37 +0100

In preparation for another arrival (RISC-V), do some janitorial work on
the FDT param parsing code for EFI as well. The code sits in an #ifdef
block in efi.c, which is usually a good indicator that it should be moved
into its own source file. Then, we simplify the DT handling, by switching
to the FDT library, instead of going through the more high level early OF
enumeration code, which in our case will be doing libfdt calls under the
hood as well, as EFI on ARM specifically uses *flattened* DT. (note that
the EFI stub for ARM uses libfdt as well to populate the DT properties
that we read back here)

Ard Biesheuvel (3):
  efi/arm: move FDT param discovery code out of efi.c
  efi/arm: move FDT specific definitions into fdtparams.c
  efi/arm: rewrite FDT param discovery routines

 drivers/firmware/efi/Makefile    |   1 +
 drivers/firmware/efi/arm-init.c  |  17 +--
 drivers/firmware/efi/efi.c       | 135 --------------------
 drivers/firmware/efi/fdtparams.c | 125 ++++++++++++++++++
 include/linux/efi.h              |  10 +-
 5 files changed, 133 insertions(+), 155 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/firmware/efi/fdtparams.c

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel