Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 7/7] dt-bindings: usb: add documentation for aspeed usb-vhub

From: Tao Ren <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 17:05:20 -0800

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 10:30:02AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-02-27 at 15:05 -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>  .../...
> 
> You haven't fixed the problem spotted by Rob which is that the example
> is now out of sync, it's missing the required properties.

Ahhh, now I know where my problem is..
Let me see why I cannot reproduce the error on my side; otherwise I may
create more noise in my next patch set (customize device IDs/strings)..

> Also long run I think best is going to have a child node per downstream
> port, so we create a matching linux struct device. This will make it
> easier to deal with the other device-controller in the ast2600 which is
> basically one of these without a vhub above it.

Maybe a dumb question: what would be the proper place to parse the child
node/properties when they are added? For example, in some usb_gadget_ops
callback?

Cheers,

Tao

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel