Subject: Re: [PATCH V3 2/2] firmware: arm_scmi: add smc/hvc transport

From: Sudeep Holla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:18:20 +0000

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 03:12:51PM +0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Peng Fan <[email-masked]>
> 
> Take arm,smc-id as the 1st arg, and protocol id as the 2nd arg when
> issuing SMC/HVC. Since we need protocol id, so add this parameter

And why do we need protocol id here ? I couldn't find it out myself.
I would like to know why/what/how is it used in the firmware(smc/hvc
handler). I hope you are not mixing the need for multiple channel with
protocol id ? One can find out id from the command itself, no need to
pass it and hence asking here for more details.

-- 
Regards,
Sudeep

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel