Subject: Re: [PATCHv9 00/12] PCI: Recode Mobiveil driver and add PCIe Gen4 driver for NXP Layerscape SoCs

From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 10:19:07 -0500

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 11:04:56AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> 
> Could it be a race condition, or some problem that's specific to the
> ARM64 kernel that's provoking this corruption?

Since I got brought in mid-way through this discussion, can someone
summarize the vital details of the bughunt?  What kernel version is
involved, and is this a regression?  If so, what's the last version of
the kernel where you didn't have a problem on this hardware?

Can you trigger this failure reliably?

Unfortunately, while I'm regularly running xfstests on x86_64 on a
Google Compute Engine VM, I'm not doing any runs on arm64.  I can
certainly build an arm-64.

There's a test-appliance designed to be run on ARM64 here[1].

[1] https://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/kvm-xfstests/xfstests-amd64.tar.xz

which is a Debian chroot, designed to be run via android-xfstests[2], but
if you unpack it, it should be possible to enter the chroot and
trigger the xfstests run manually on any arm64 system.

[2] https://thunk.org/android-xfstests

Does anyone know if kernel CI is running xfstests regularly?

Cheers,

							- Ted

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel