Subject: Re: [PATCH v8 00/11] arm64: Branch Target Identification support

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 21:05:05 +0000

On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 10:27:29AM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 05:44:06PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:

> > This patch series implements support for ARMv8.5-A Branch Target
> > Identification (BTI), which is a control flow integrity protection
> > feature introduced as part of the ARMv8.5-A extensions.

> Does this series affect uprobes in any way? I.e. can you probe a landing
> pad?

You can't probe a landing pad, uprobes on landing pads will be silently
ignored so the program isn't disrupted, you just don't get the expected
trace from those uprobes.  This isn't new with the BTI support since
the landing pads are generally pointer auth instructions, these already
can't be probed regardless of what's going on with this series.  It's
already on the list to get sorted.
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel