Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 4/4] mtd: spi-nor: remove mtk-quadspi driver

From: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 19:57:50 +0000

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 09:11:29AM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:

> You can also create an immutable tag that I can merge in my spi-nor/next 
> branch, so that Linus doesn't have to deal with the conflict.

The following changes since commit bb6d3fb354c5ee8d6bde2d576eb7220ea09862b9:

  Linux 5.6-rc1 (2020-02-09 16:08:48 -0800)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/spi.git tags/mtk-mtd-spi-move

for you to fetch changes up to e11e8473bcec748c3820636f11b986f611c9309b:

  mtd: spi-nor: remove mtk-quadspi driver (2020-03-11 19:56:08 +0000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
spi: Rewrite mtk-quadspi spi-nor driver with spi-mem

This patchset from Chuanhong Guo <[email-masked]> adds a spi-mem
driver for Mediatek SPI-NOR controller, which already has limited
support by mtk-quadspi. This new driver can make use of full quadspi
capability of this controller.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Chuanhong Guo (4):
      spi: make spi-max-frequency optional
      spi: add support for mediatek spi-nor controller
      dt-bindings: convert mtk-quadspi binding doc for spi-mtk-nor
      mtd: spi-nor: remove mtk-quadspi driver

 .../{mtd/mtk-quadspi.txt => spi/spi-mtk-nor.txt}   |  15 +-
 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/Kconfig                        |   8 -
 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/Makefile                       |   1 -
 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/mtk-quadspi.c                  | 565 -----------------
 drivers/spi/Kconfig                                |  10 +
 drivers/spi/Makefile                               |   1 +
 drivers/spi/spi-mtk-nor.c                          | 689 +++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/spi/spi.c                                  |   9 +-
 8 files changed, 708 insertions(+), 590 deletions(-)
 rename Documentation/devicetree/bindings/{mtd/mtk-quadspi.txt => spi/spi-mtk-nor.txt} (75%)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/mtd/spi-nor/mtk-quadspi.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/spi/spi-mtk-nor.c
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel