Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/4] PM / EM: add devices to Energy Model

From: Quentin Perret <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 17:15:21 +0000

On Friday 13 Mar 2020 at 16:49:24 (+0000), Lukasz Luba wrote:
<snip>
> Well if someone would add EM to its platform and call this in
> hotplug, which is used as cooling method, will see a lot of warnings.

Right, but I guess I was arguing that calling this for CPUs, even on
hotplug, is kinda wrong.

> I would rather avoid stressing people with this kind of warnings.
> This is under control and nothing really happens even when they
> do hotplug very often, like LTP stress tests.
> 
> I agree to add a print there but warning for me is when something
> is not OK and should be investigated.
> I would prefer dev_dbg_once() to print thet the EM is not going to be
> removed. This will also not pollute dmesg in many logs.

Fair enough, a WARN is maybe a bit over the top. A debug message
should work.

<snip>
> So these small changes will be present in v5. I have to wait a few
> days because there is one change to devfreq_cooling.c queuing and I will
> send v5 with updated patch 3/4 rebased on top.

Sounds good, thanks.
Quentin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel