Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] MIPS: Replace setup_irq() by request_irq()

From: afzal mohammed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 12:25:48 +0530

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 10:02:49PM +0530, afzal mohammed wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 05:03:07PM +0100, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:

> > in your patch. How can we make sure they are unique enough for the use
> > case ? I guess using handler as dev_id does a better job here.
> 
> There was one prior similar usage using string pointers, another way i
> have seen is using irq no. itself, 

Huh, that was a total nonsense statement from me, considering the
expectation of a unique dev_id, i don't know what i was thinking at
that time, though you mentioned about uniqueness.

Regards
afzal

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel