Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] irqchip/gic-v3-its: Balance LPI affinity across CPUs

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 11:54:31 +0000

When mapping a LPI, the ITS driver picks the first possible
affinity, which is in most cases CPU0, assuming that if
that's not suitable, someone will come and set the affinity
to something more interesting.

It apparently isn't the case, and people complain of poor
performance when many interrupts are glued to the same CPU.
So let's place the interrupts by finding the "least loaded"
CPU (that is, the one that has the fewer LPIs mapped to it).
So called 'managed' interrupts are an interesting case where
the affinity is actually dictated by the kernel itself, and
we should honor this.

* From v2:
  - Split accounting from CPU selection
  - Track managed and unmanaged interrupts separately

Marc Zyngier (2):
  irqchip/gic-v3-its: Track LPI distribution on a per CPU basis
  irqchip/gic-v3-its: Balance initial LPI affinity across CPUs

 drivers/irqchip/irq-gic-v3-its.c | 153 +++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 1 file changed, 127 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel