Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm64: Kconfig: allow to change FORCE_MAX_ZONEORDER via custom config

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 17:42:00 +0000

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 02:45:58PM +0200, Vadym Kochan wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 12:37:41PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 01:50:37AM +0200, Vadym Kochan wrote:
> > > Add missing config option name which allows to change it via custom
> > > config.
> > 
> > Why? What is your use-case?
> 
> I need to allocate buffers bigger than default ZONEORDER, so I tried to
> increase it but it did not work because the config entry has no name.

I try not to make this selectable as we want a single kernel build to
work on all supported hardware. The current values are chosen to allow
huge pages. If you need bigger contiguous allocations, maybe something
like CMA would help.

-- 
Catalin

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel