Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] arm64: crypto: Use .arch_extension

From: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 16:45:58 +0000

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 07:18:07PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> Currently when implementing optimised assembler routines using
> architecture extensions we override the base architecture along with
> enabling the new extensions, causing problems for in kernel BTI support
> which needs to raise the base architecture level for assembler files in
> order to generate BTI landing pads.  We did this due to a lack of
> support for the .arch_extension gas feature in older versions of the
> clang built in assembler but since current versions of clang now have
> support for .arch_extension we can use that.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Mark Brown <[email-masked]>

It make sense (I got burnt by this with the MTE patches).

Acked-by: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel