Subject: Re: Droid 4 in -next -- still no backlight was Re: [PATCH 1/4] tty: n_gsm: Add support for serdev drivers

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 10:36:59 -0700

* Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [200324 17:02]:
> * Pavel Machek <[email-masked]> [200322 22:43]:
> > Before I start debugging, does screen work for you in -next, or do you
> > have some fixes I could try?
> 
> Yes the backlight works for me now just fine with current v5.6-rc.
> 
> But yeah, looks like LCD is again broken in current Linux next,
> maybe Laurent and Sebastian have some clues?

Oh it's just that now display-connector needs to be loaded instead
of the old omap specific hdmi connector :)

See commit e7e67d9a2f1d ("drm/omap: Switch the HDMI and VENC outputs
to drm_bridge") and check that you have the .config options enabled
in that patch also in your custom .config.

Regards,

Tony

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel