Subject: [PATCH 0/2] efi/arm64: execute the kernel in place if possible

From: Ard Biesheuvel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:59:03 +0100

Update the relocation logic in the EFI stub for arm64 so it runs the
kernel in place if it was loaded by firmware at an address which allows
doing so. Then, update the PE/COFF header metadata and increase the
section alignment to force the UEFI image loader to honour the minimal
alignment requirement imposed by the kernel proper.

Ard Biesheuvel (2):
  efi/libstub/arm64: avoid copying the kernel unnecessarily
  efi/arm64: increase the PE/COFF alignment so the kernel can run in
    place

 arch/arm64/kernel/efi-header.S            | 2 +-
 arch/arm64/kernel/image-vars.h            | 7 +++++++
 drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/arm64-stub.c | 9 +++++++++
 3 files changed, 17 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel