Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm64: dts: update SolidRun Armada 8040 phy interface types

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 13:46:52 +0000

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 02:43:19PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 12:40:42PM +0000, Russell King wrote:
> > Update the SolidRun Armada 8040 platforms phy interface types from the
> > old 10gbase-kr to the newer and more correct 10gbase-r.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Russell King <[email-masked]>
> 
> Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
> 
> Can we add a fixes: tag to this? So it gets backported to the point
> 10gbase-r was added.

I think "carefully" is the answer.  It's not just the point where
10gbase-r was added because there's a whole bunch of other patches
that are also required to the various ethernet and PHY drivers, SFP
and phylink.  It's probably going to take a bit to work that out,
get it wrong and stuff will break.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel