Subject: Re: [PATCH] arm64: dts: update SolidRun Armada 8040 phy interface types

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 15:17:09 +0000

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 03:15:38PM +0100, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > ... and actually there is no point.
> 
> O.K. lets merge these as normal, not as fixes.  It is probably too
> late for ARM SoC, so i guess they will get merged next cycle.

Yep, which means that the backplane patches from NXP will have to be
delayed about 20 weeks (about 10 weeks in the arm64 tree before being
merged into 5.8-rc1, and then another 10 weeks before 5.8 is released.)
That's probably not a bad thing, as it'll let us hash out the conflicts
between my PCS patch set and their backplane patches.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel