Subject: [PATCH 0/2] KVM: arm64: PSCI fixes

From: Marc Zyngier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 17:58:14 +0100

Christoffer recently pointed out that we don't narrow the arguments to
SMC32 PSCI functions called by a 64bit guest. This could result in a
guest failing to boot its secondary CPUs if it had junk in the upper
32bits. Yes, this is silly, but the guest is allowed to do that. Duh.

Whist I was looking at this, it became apparent that we allow a 32bit
guest to call 64bit functions, which the spec explicitly forbids. Oh
well, another patch.

This has been lightly tested, but I feel that we could do with a new
set of PSCI corner cases in KVM-unit-tests (hint, nudge... ;-).

Marc Zyngier (2):
  KVM: arm64: PSCI: Narrow input registers when using 32bit functions
  KVM: arm64: PSCI: Forbid 64bit functions for 32bit guests

 virt/kvm/arm/psci.c | 40 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 1 file changed, 40 insertions(+)

-- 
2.25.0

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel