Subject: [PATCH 0/3] PCI: Modularize host-generic

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 17:49:20 -0600

This is part of a larger effort to modularize ARCH_VEXPRESS. In
particular, the Arm FVP platforms use the host-generic driver. This
conversion was straight-forward. I didn't convert the other ECAM drivers
using host-common to modules, but am happy to do so if there's a strong
desire to do so.

In the process, I noticed that 'const' was being dropped from the match
table .data pointer, so the first patch constifies struct pci_ecam_ops.
I started trying to constify pci_ops too, but that became a never ending
treewide rabbit hole. So I ended up with a cast when we assign pci_ops
from pci_ecam_ops.

Rob

Rob Herring (3):
  PCI: Constify struct pci_ecam_ops
  PCI: host-generic: Support building as modules
  PCI: host-generic: Eliminate pci_host_common_probe wrappers

 arch/arm64/kernel/pci.c                   |  4 ++--
 drivers/acpi/pci_mcfg.c                   |  8 +++----
 drivers/pci/controller/Kconfig            |  4 ++--
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-al.c      |  2 +-
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-hisi.c    | 19 +++++------------
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-common.c  | 18 ++++++++++++----
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-host-generic.c | 26 +++++++----------------
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-thunder-ecam.c | 14 ++++++------
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-thunder-pem.c  | 16 ++++++--------
 drivers/pci/controller/pci-xgene.c        |  4 ++--
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-tango.c       |  9 +++++---
 drivers/pci/ecam.c                        | 10 ++++++---
 drivers/pci/setup-bus.c                   |  1 +
 include/linux/pci-acpi.h                  |  2 +-
 include/linux/pci-ecam.h                  | 25 +++++++++++-----------
 15 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 84 deletions(-)

--
2.20.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel