Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] kexec: Prevent removal of memory in use by a loaded kexec image

From: Baoquan He <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2020 11:44:14 +0800

On 04/10/20 at 12:10pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
> It's unclear (to me) what is the status of this patchset.  But it does appear that
> an new version can be expected?

As we discussed in the thread of replying to the cover letter, the
idea of this patchset is not good. 

Because We tend to use kexec_file_load more and improve/enhance it in the
future, and gradually obsolete the old kexec_load interface which this
patchset is trying to fix on. 

And the issue James spot is a very corner case, we have suggested
another easier way to avoid it by adding systemd service to load kexec
and monitor memory adding/removing uevent, juas as we have done for
kdump loading. Bhupesh is working on this to add a service in Fedora
and test, and will put it to RHEL too if nobody is unsatisfied.

Thanks
Baoquan

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel