Subject: Re: [PATCH 25/28] mm: remove vmalloc_user_node_flags

From: Johannes Weiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 16:03:06 -0400

On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 03:25:03PM -0700, Andrii Nakryiko wrote:
> cc Johannes who suggested this API call originally

I forgot why we did it this way - probably just cruft begetting more
cruft. Either way, Christoph's cleanup makes this look a lot better.

> On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 5:03 AM Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > Open code it in __bpf_map_area_alloc, which is the only caller.  Also
> > clean up __bpf_map_area_alloc to have a single vmalloc call with
> > slightly different flags instead of the current two different calls.
> >
> > For this to compile for the nommu case add a __vmalloc_node_range stub
> > to nommu.c.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>

Acked-by: Johannes Weiner <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel