Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 10/14] memory: tegra: Add EMC scaling sequence code for Tegra210

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 22:03:11 +0200

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 07:27:43PM +0300, Dmitry Osipenko wrote:
> 14.04.2020 18:45, Thierry Reding пишет:
> ...
> >> What about to try to replace this massive egyptian construction with a
> >> single "u32 val;" ?
> > 
> > I actually tried that after condensing what this used to look like into
> > the above. The result was a huge failure because some of these temporary
> > values end up being reused, so I ended up writing bogus values into some
> > of these registers.
> 
> It should be fine to keep those variables that are getting re-used. It
> looks like there are much more variables that are never re-used, and
> thus, they could be replaced.

Okay, I made another pass over it and it looks slightly better now. I've
kept a couple of the "option"-type variables that are constant but in my
opinion make the code more readable compared to hard-coding them. In the
cases where I kept them, I declared them constants, so the compiler will
hopefully be able to optimize the code and their purpose should also be
clearer.

Thierry
_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel