Subject: Re: [PATCH RFC 0/6] PWM fan support on Clearfog gt8k

From: Russell King - ARM Linux admin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 15:41:14 +0100

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 04:36:45PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > I said in the cover message "The cooling maps are experimental".
> > They work reasonably well for me with the fan I have (a noctua fan)
> > but other people may find them to be problematical, so one of the
> > reasons for sending it as RFC is to get people to test and see how
> > well it works.
> 
> Hi Russell
> 
> Maybe split the PWM parts from the cooling maps? I don't see any
> reason not to merge the PWM parts.

That's easy - the cooling maps are an entirely separate patch.
However, one thing we need to be careful of is whether someone has a
PWM fan plugged in, and whether not having any cooling maps results
in the fan stopping, as I think PWMs default to being disabled on
initialisation.

That could be a SoC-killing combination.

-- 
RMK's Patch system: https://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 10.2Mbps down 587kbps up

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel