Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] Add CTS/RTS gpio support to STM32 UART

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 22:32:02 +0530

From: Manivannan Sadhasivam <[email-masked]>

Hello,

This patchset adds CTS/RTS gpio support to STM32 UART controller.
Eventhough the UART controller supports using dedicated CTS/RTS gpios,
sometimes we need to use different set of gpios for flow control.

This is necessary for the upcoming STM32MP1 based board called Stinger96
IoT-Box. On that board, a bluetooth chip is connected to one of the UART
controller but the CTS/RTS lines got swapped mistakenly. So this patchset
serves as a workaround for that hardware bug and also supports the
usecase of using any gpio for CTS/RTS functionality. As per the sugggestion
provided by Andy for v1, I've now switched to mctrl_gpio driver.

This patchset has been validated with Stinger96 IoT-Box connected to Murata
WiFi-BT combo chip.

Thanks,
Mani

Changes in v3:

* Added Andy's reviewed-by tag
* Fixed minor issues spotted by Fabrice

Changes in v2:

As per the review by Andy:

* Switched to mctrl_gpio driver instead of using custom CTS/RTS
  implementation
* Removed the use of software flow control terminology.

Manivannan Sadhasivam (2):
  dt-bindings: serial: Document CTS/RTS gpios in STM32 UART
  tty: serial: Add modem control gpio support for STM32 UART

 .../bindings/serial/st,stm32-uart.yaml        | 14 +++++
 drivers/tty/serial/Kconfig                    |  1 +
 drivers/tty/serial/stm32-usart.c              | 53 ++++++++++++++++++-
 drivers/tty/serial/stm32-usart.h              |  1 +
 4 files changed, 67 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel