Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 00/12] ARM/MIPS: DTS: add child nodes describing the PVRSGX GPU present in some OMAP SoC and JZ4780 (and many more)

From: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 10:46:25 -0700

* Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [200421 10:39]:
> See for example the standard 8250 uart for am335x with:
> 
> $ git grep -B20 -A10 uart0 arch/arm/boot/dts/am33xx-l4.dtsi
> 
> The 8250 device configuration is described in the standard 8250
> dts binding, and the am335x module in the ti-sysc binding.
> The are separate devices :)

Just to clarify why it's like that, see for example
arch/arm/boot/dts/am33xx.dtsi, and target-module@47400000
in that file for the musb controller.

There's a single ti-sysc interconnect target module, but it has
multiple devices. There are two musb controler instances, two phy
instances and a cppi41 dma instance within a single module.

With sgx, I belive there is only the sgx IP within the
ti-sysc interconnect target module. They are still seprate
devices with their own control registers.

Regards,

Tony

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel