Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] ARM: decompressor: simplify libfdt builds

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 10:52:04 -0700

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 08:58:54AM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 09:44:38AM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Is there a real reason this is only applied to a subset of the C object
> > files, and not to all of them? Or have we been lucky so far, by not
> > triggering the issue in decompressed.c, misc.c, and string.c (yet)?
> 
> I don't remember the details. See commit 7f66cd3f5420, which came from
> Kees which introduced this.

Just to clarify: the original change was just removing it where it was
detected in the then-current build. I was going for the least invasive
change to the build system.

-- 
Kees Cook

_______________________________________________
linux-arm-kernel mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel